First, the ugly TRUTH
What you don't know can cost you!
Automotive repair centers are stressful fast paced businesses. Every second is counted and pressured to pay for itself, to make profit. Technicians are paid on a commission basis as an inducement to work as fast as possible. It improves paychecks to ignore difficult problems and sell the most profitable repairs. They call it picking "cherries". Service advisors have been to sales school, but seldom know much more about your car than this. If they don't sell you lots of repairs, they won't get much of a paycheck. That's the industry standard. It happens in most shops even as the commercials run touting how you aren't going to pay a lot for that muffler or that Mr. "NiceWrench" is really looking out for you and yours. New "repairs" are invented just to produce profit centers. Transmission flushes, engine flushes, fuel injector cleaning. Expensive procedures that all have in common that they are usually applied to cars that are operating normally. Look in your owners manual. See how often you are cautioned to get these "important highly effective preventive procedures." Hmm, still looking?
Who is looking out for you? The whole structure of the business informs you that you are going to pay too much for the muffler and that Mr. GreedyTools has his eye firmly on how much money he can take from your pocket and put in his. This is way it has been done since the first Model T came off the line.
At Auto Logic, our ASE certified master technicians are paid a salary. Service advisors are also ASE certified technicians and they too are paid a salary. Since we opened the door in 1985 this is the way we have done it. Our self evaluation isn't done by looking at the bottom line of a profit and loss statement, but is centered on the relationship we have with our customers. That relationship is built on uncompromising honesty, technical excellence, and kept promises. Here are some of the promises we make to you,
- No surprises! You will get an estimate. It will be accurate.
- Trust! We will earn it. We will continually prove we are worthy of it.
- Technical excellence! Knowledge and skill properly applied. No bozos, no beating on cars with the wrong tools, no bad ideas poorly applied to shorten the life of your automobile and drive the cost up. Proper diagnosis, proper repair.
- We will care!! Just like you are a member of the family. We will take time to talk to you, explain your automobile and what it needs, and listen to what you are concerned about.
And that means, very simply, that you find your automobile to be as safe, reliable, lasting, and economical as is possible.
- Honesty and Integrity! Our advice will be built on your needs not ours. We will never embrace a business model of maximum profit for minimum effort.
We know that if we do all these things well and consistently the profits will be a logical consequence. Since 1986 this philosophy has been applied to make Auto Logic consistently the most respected and acclaimed full service repair facility in the triangle.